About Me

My photo
My name's Patrick and I am an A Level student,taking on AS Media Studies for a year. I am enjoying the subject and through this I hope to gain more knowledge of what type of affect media has worldwide

Tuesday 11 January 2011

(!) Kelsey Park Sports College - Information & Technology Magazine

Displayed are my Kelsey park sports college magazine of Information and technology, and my contents page. These designs took awhile to create however I overcame the challenges and was able to deliver what is shown in this post. Now that you have viewed these designs I'll now explain how I created them and what problems I had when making them:

These designs were created on photoshop CS3 along with a small use of inDesign which I had problems with in the past but am now able to use the software to my full potential. The colour palette for this magazine was blue, black and yellow which I believe are slightly technical colours however very unique like colours which went well with the theme of my magazine. The pictures taken from my own photography also look perfect with my magazine because as you can see the main picture shows sixth form students on the computers doing their work smartly dressed, and the thumbnail like pictures display what's to be expected when you enter the department and what type of environment interested students will be working in during their participation on the course. when creating the effects I used photoshop however to crop and resize images along with the texts appearance which is blatant and would be the first thing that catches the readers eye because of the bright yellow along with the black stroke / yellow stroke I used inDesign. Alot of work was put into making this front cover for it took me a week and a couple days because of how my ideas continued to change to improve it and make it look better each time which was my experimentation.

The contents page was pretty simple for all I had o do was creating something basic but just as interesting as the front page however not to overwhelming for it would make the front cover look inferior to it. This page may also look familiar, this is because I used my example magazine contents page to help me with my own along with changing pictures, background colour however I really liked the layout of my contents page example so I used the layout with my own. Yet again as shown text is completely the same as the front cover for it is the contents page and there is a lot more writing going into more detail about what is yet to be revealed in the course. The colour palette has exactly the same colours however I have lessened it for I preferred a more basic like contents page with one student doing his work, this is where my ideas took over for as it looks as if the student is typing away the numbered bullet point descriptions of the course on the computer.


Overall the final magazine and contents page looks very intriguing to myself for I never thought it would turn out as good as shown. However there is still a lot more I can improve on in this magazine and this task has taught me a lot about the research, codes and conventions of a magazine and the target audience which the magazine must attract.

Feel free to write on my blog about the task on how I produced this magazine or the different challenges that I had to overcome when making it, you can also suggest on what I can improve on to make the magazine look  lot better for it would help me a lot when making others during the course of other task ?

No comments:

Post a Comment