About Me

My photo
My name's Patrick and I am an A Level student,taking on AS Media Studies for a year. I am enjoying the subject and through this I hope to gain more knowledge of what type of affect media has worldwide

Monday 7 March 2011

Hip Hop Music Magazine - Sketched Layout Design

Displayed above is my sketched out plan of my music magazine front cover which I'll be looking to create on InDesign but if not the InDesign software then Photoshop CS3 which I'm a lot more comfertable with. As shown I'll have an image of myself in the middle with the text completly surrounding me and another piece of my own imagery on the left hand side of someone else posing as another artist. The rectangles around the image is where I'll be placing text however I will add text in other areas instead of just in the rectangle boxes.
Above the main image is where I'll have the Main header. Since this is the prototype version there are small faults to it but when I get the oppurtunity of making the music magazine it'll definitely look a lot better. 

Moving on from the magazine layout displayed below I have the three main bullet points of what I unquestionablly need in my magazine:
  1. Powerful Colours such as Red and Black and possibly other colours that will make the magazine look attractive and eye catching; possibly gray and white.
  2. I'll need bold font in different sizes and styles and colours similar to the KING magazine but ranging a lot more from text. 
  3. Without a doubt I need High Quality pictures that stand out a lot especially for my main image, so I need a good quality camera to take the pictures for I wouldn't want pictures pixelated and hard to recognise.
Alternative Ideas
  1. Punch lines / slogans are important for my magazine for without these my magazine would be boring and not much to read up on especially if the reader isn't really feeling the vibe from the vocabularly being used.
  2. Graphical symbols in the background e.g. stars, crowns something to make the magazine look a lot more conveincing.

No comments:

Post a Comment