About Me

My photo
My name's Patrick and I am an A Level student,taking on AS Media Studies for a year. I am enjoying the subject and through this I hope to gain more knowledge of what type of affect media has worldwide

Thursday 3 March 2011

#6 Representing the Genre - My Ideas, Signifiers & Contents Page

Representing the Genre should be straight forward because of it being such a popular type of music and the fact that a range of magazines have been created with different ideas shown in my research with diverse: colours, themes, pictures and font styles, makes it a lot easier for me for I'll be able to gather up a number of ideas. Vibe has to be the Hip Hop magazine I have taken much interest to for the font used stands out just as much I would want my own to, and the pictures used along with the colour palette used is just perfect to support me when making my own Hip Hop magazine. http://www.vibe.com/

Front Cover Ideas
The ideas I have briefly schemed up for my own Hip Hop magazine would be similar to Vibe & XXL Magazines, the header would need to be bold and a rich like colour that out shines the rest of the text, along with it being on the top of the page. I've decided to use powerfully immense colours such as: red, black, gray and white which are suitable colours to make a magazine stand out, this also means that the image which will be of my own photography collection to take a picture of myself or someone in the right clothing to match the theme of the magazine itself in a rapper's pose with probably a gesture that gives the reader a sign, also the camera shot without a doubt has to be a mid shot. The sub-heading and the rest of the text has to stand out just as much on both sides of the image; the likely colours I would use are red and black for the text or even white with a red rectangle shapes background for each one of the text's area. As I previously said I have a several ideas that will be relevant for my Hip Hop Music Magazine but it's just choosing the right one that will be suitable and me being pleased with.

Contents Page Ideas
My contents page will look a lot similar to my front cover however a lot more detail on what's to displayed within the magazine and what other artist are to be featured in the magazine. This also includes: The Main Features (Front Cover artist information and Double Page Spread Interview information) , Minor articles (Other Artist and their current statuses within the Music Industry) and the Regulars (Fashion reviews, The Charts and recent music releases) Nevertheless the contents page will have a lot of unfamiliar features from the contents page but they will still look related to each other; using the same colours but a whole completely new theme from one another since the contents page consist of a lot more detail and pictures from different angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment