About Me

My photo
My name's Patrick and I am an A Level student,taking on AS Media Studies for a year. I am enjoying the subject and through this I hope to gain more knowledge of what type of affect media has worldwide

Tuesday 11 January 2011

New Topic - Music Magazines

Now that we have finished our school magazines we are now moving onto a new topic which is "Music magazines", we must choose a genre in which we are familiar or interested in for example: Hip Hop, Rock, Musical etc, remembering the codes and conventions and what type of target audience we'll be attracting.

Example of a Music Magazine - Jockey slut

  • In this magazine there is a minimal use of colour as shown you can only see the colours, black, yellow and white, the background colour is slightly plain also however you can see the light from the background is reflecting with his face. There are no other supporting images in the magazine just the simple image of the man in a large close up shot which could tell us half the magazine is about himself. 
  • The title is displayed behind the artist to simply show that the image of the man is the main feature on the front page or this ideas was probably used to create a graphical effect which is commonly used by several magazines.
  • Artist eyes are directly looking at the camera which suggest that he's looking at the audience to spread a message from the puzzeled looking expression on his face which is a chocolate box.
  • The text is completelty the same however it can be shown in different sizes and colours such as the words "The streets" which is in caps and is bold with white writing and is most likely the main sub-heading.
Target audience for this magazine would be:
Working class, white british males from the ages 20 - 30 years old.
Secondary audience would be the partners of the males, which are female women or secondary audience could be teenagers who are familiar with the artist on the front cover.

Genre
This looks like an urban magazine because of how the man is dressed with the cap, shirt annd jumper, it also seems to me like a magazine of club music such as drum & bass along with djing.

I still have yet to decide which music genre I'm doing that I'm familiar with and how I plan on making my magazine using the codes and conventions, along with what I have been taught by making my school magazine and how i can make my music magazine a lot better using the inDesign sofware. It'll definitely be a challenging task but I believe I'll be able to complete it without much problems. Athough this topic is a lot more easier because it's to do with music which is something everyone will be able to relate to.

1 comment:

  1. Blog twice a week focus on your products, process you are going through over pack jerkers

    ReplyDelete