About Me

My photo
My name's Patrick and I am an A Level student,taking on AS Media Studies for a year. I am enjoying the subject and through this I hope to gain more knowledge of what type of affect media has worldwide

Thursday 24 March 2011

Music Magazine - Feedback from Peers

After finishing my music magazines, contents page and double page spread I looked at them in more detail, seeing if I could improve them in anyway, however if I were the only judge of my final pieces then I wouldn't really be getting an overall overview and analyses of my pieces so what I decided to do was ask my peers for their feedback.

Jakub: - "I like his final pieces, he definitely has used a similar colour palette throughout all the final designs, and the pictures displayed within the designs are high quality and eye catching, I have to admit.. if I saw this magazine in store I would definitely take a glance through it and probably purchase."

Jacky: -  "For the front cover I like how he's created the layout and how the colours red and white match together perfectly even with the red top that stands out."

Robert: - "I like how you've organised the features in your final pieces, the graphic effects are really good, and how everything is in proportion with each other, especially the pictures in the contents page. Also I like how much your final front cover stands out from everything else, in a way it's kind of enlightening.

Muuadh: - "I thought this magazine was brilliant you followed the codes and conventions of music magazines and you produced a very good magazine cover along with a detailed contents page and convincing double page spread.

From the feedback that I was able to gain from my peers it really did help me for most of it was positive yet I believe it could've been improved in many ways such as my double page spread; the colour palette goes well with it however I believe it's slightly a bit too dark especially with the green text which is clashing with the black background a little too much, also the positioning of the paragraphs (interview) I could've organised a little better however I'm pleased with how all the designs turned out, along with the feedback that I was able to retrieve from my peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment